View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
anj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Does this seem normal or should I get my child checked out?

Mine turns 2 next month. She is angelic. There must be something wrong with your child. KIDDING!

Your little one sounds quite normal, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having her evaluated if you're concerned.

Yesterday my daughter decided she would like to run like a wild woman through Burlington. She has always walked nicely and held my hand before, so I was letting her walk. I had to get her brother a shirt for a program at school so I just got in a out of there as fast as I could. Unfortunately, the shirt I grabbed was barcodeless and i was stuck waiting for them to call to figure out a price. My daughter screamed at the top of her lungs the whole 15 minutes we were in there. "No, Mama!" "Down, Mama." "Don't do dat, Mama!" "Owwwwwwwie, Mama!" (No, I wasn't hurting her. I just wouldn't let her help herself to candy in the checkout aisle.). I was glad she was calling me mama because otherwise her behavior might indicate she was being kidnapped. When the shouting failed to work, she decided to try hitting and biting. Awesome. After a short nap on the way home she was back to her usual sweet self.

All that to say, you are not alone! My eldest was a challenging 2 year old as well. Actually, he is just an intense person in general. My middle child has always been adaptable, calm, and generally lovely in almost every situation. My youngest is going to give us a run for our money. With my first child, I was mortified. This time around, I am just enjoying watching her personality unfold.