View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Michelle_M
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
What are your time limit rules for Tablets and gaming systems?

The two older boys are getting tablets for Christmas. 7rys old and 5 yrs old.

I know they are going to want to spend a lot of time on them.

I need help in figuring out a rule or system regarding the amount of play time the kids get...

Like can they use them with no time limits when reading? And only limit games?
Or would you limit total usage?

Do you have rules like, they get x amount of time daily, but can earn more by doing extra chores, or not arguing when you ask them to do something, etc?

Do they have to earn ALL their time with it?

DH and I were thinking about something like, the can have a base time of 1 hour per day. Punishments can result in taking away from that time, doing extra chores, getting good marks on my odlest's daily take home folder, good grades, etc... can ear extra time on it.

We're also thinking about saying they read as much as they want, but only limiting game time (my 5 yr old would play Angry Birds on it all day if we let him).

Also, DS1 is at a school all day, while DS2 is at home all day. Should DS2 be held to the same time limits as DS1, or should he be allowed to have extra time simply because he's home more, but make the stuff he's allowed to do during the day only educational and limit games?

So.. what are some of your rules about timing?

Thanks
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 12-11-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote