View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are your time limit rules for Tablets and gaming systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasynFox View Post
Maybe I'm just out there, but I wouldn't limit my kids at all. Sure, they'd play on it non-stop all the time for a while, but then they'd get bored of it. I've found limiting them only makes them play video games and things more often. After about a month of letting my daughter play PS3 whenever she wanted, she stopped playing all together. We did the same thing with movies and now all she wants to watch are things like MythBusters and documentaries. She'd rather learn than be vegging out. She'll go through phases with it, but it's not common anymore. My boys are kind of following suit.
Thanks for the POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Oh, and if they were reading, I would be willing to let them have it longer, but they rarely read ebooks. With 4 devices to read ebooks on, we still bring home 30+ books every couple of weeks from the library for fun reading.
I never get to the library. We have on vehicle and DH uses it for school and work, so we rarely get to go anywhere when DH isn't home with us. My kids LOVE to read and DS1 is getting bored with the books we have.

DS2 likes to look at books on the iPad also.. We don't have an iPad, but the speech therapist does and frequently uses it in therapy for interactive books and activities. Both kids love it.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote