View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What makes you minimalist? (Picture thread!)

Kitchen table where we eat and work, kids' table in the background where they eat for breakfast, snacks, and lunch. There's also a rice box under the window. This room is bare otherwise.

Front office. The two boxes hold junk (one never unpacked from our move 2 yeras ago because I know it's just junk). Giant fish tank, and large fish tank that holds water for giant fish tank. Large fishtank will be disappearing soon. Bookcase is mostly DH's professional binders, books, notes, etc but needs LOTS of work.

Supposed to be a formal dining room but we don't use it as that. We use the floor to do art, and to play. The stuff in the corners is all sewing stuff, something I haven't tackled yet but will after new year.

Staging area for donations and boxes of trash that I clean out of rooms and bring downstairs to sort. This area NEVER gets clean for long.

Coat closet. Rather proud of this area, it has a few coats hanging in it, shopping bags, shoe rack on floor and not much else. I'm shopping around for coat hooks to install low down the back side of the door so kids can hang up their own coats.

[
First picture is the large items in playroom - baby rocker, kitchen, rocking boat, bosu ball, bean bag chairs, bouncy horse, easel, giant stuffie, cradle,stuffied.

Second is view into closet where lots of things are kept out of reach. The shelves in closet hold books, those 3-drawer carts have smaller misc toys. On right on that pic is the one cubby shelf actually in the playroom with the small shoeboxes on them.

Guest room, usually a little neater than this but the kids got in there and tossed around some of my fabric. This room ideally shuld have just the bed, dresser, night table and lamp, and not the fishtank, crib mattress, and misc fabric all over the place.

Bonus room AKA dumping ground.

Master closet. Has come a long way, it still needs work but I know it's better than most people's so I don't sweat it.

Kitchen. This is the room I really make a huge effort to keep clean. I fee like I spend all week putting the odds and ends away in here and then DH comes home on weekends and brings all this new stuff into the house. I see how bad it looks though... ARGH!

[]

Living room. This room is pretty bare but gets clutered fast with kids stuff, but is a breeze to put away. I need to move the Christmas storage back upstairs. And there's a box in the corner that has xmas gifts that I'm hiding in the closet tonight. The empty fishtank is going to disappear soon too, with all the stuff on top of it. And the mantel cords need tidying and the urn needs to be put upstairs. Other than that it's pared down as much as I want it to be.

I haven't done the master or the kids' bed since babes are sleeping and I can't turn on lights. Might get them tomorrow, those are actually some of the neatest rooms.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.

Last edited by elizabeth.scalf; 12-11-2012 at 08:31 PM.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote