View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #28
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:
Re: What are your time limit rules for Tablets and gaming systems?

At first we had limits. At this point we don't really, because they don't abuse it. They may get really interested for awhile, and then forget it for a couple weeks.

Also, sometimes it's hard with a tablet to distinguish what's a "video game" and what's something else. If they're playing Battleship or a memory match game on the iPad, I don't see that it's any different than playing a board game or card game version. (Except there aren't any pieces to lose!) Or DD gets into a drawing app sometimes. Or DS plays "I'm Sexy and I Know It" over and over while perfecting his dance moves. So even when they're on it, it's not necessarily the kind of activities that I think need to be restricted.

Now DSS on the other hand, the summer he was 9, I had restrictions for him. I think he'd get 1 hour a day? Something like that. Then additional time could be earned, minute for minute, by doing chores. So he could spend 15 minutes scooping up dog poop and get 15 more minutes on the games. It actually worked out really well; he didn't seem to mind.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote