View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What do you prefer to give during holidays?

Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post
For kids, toys (I remember the disappointment I always felt when I got clothes, hahaha)

For adults, it is so very person-specific. For teens I usually give money or gift cards because it's usually really what they want.

For adults I usually make at least one gift, and that varies (it's gotten a lot easier now that I'm a mom because the grandmothers get something with DS's little face on it -- This year it's coasters made from recycled garden tiles and modpodge); last year everyone got crocheted scarves; the year before it was hand scrub. I also buy a gift, and it just depends on the person. My mom tends to like Bible study items like commentaries or Beth Moore books/guides and she also likes kitchen related items. My brothers are techies so I let my DH do the shopping for them. DH's sister is into dragoncon type stuff so this year I got her some vampire paper dolls (she's in her 40s but I think she'll get a kick out of them). For my sisters-in-law on my side of the family I usually get some stationary type items or some jewelry

ETA: personally I love to bake and would give food gifts, but people usually have SO MUCH food around the holidays, I'm afraid it would be wasted.
Oh my gosh I love the coaster idea! I have Modge Podge too! I bought it for a craft and have so much left over!!! TOTALLY COOL!!! All the grand parents would love it!!! So would my older sister!

God bless!
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote