View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #39
Made of Fleece
Registered Users
Formerly: cidcatrichards
seller

Re: Does this seem normal or should I get my child checked out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
Honestly, this sounds more like an uncomfortable child to me. She can't handle normal frustrations because she's not comfortable for some reason. Like if your pants are too tight, or you have a headache that won't go away, it ruins the rest of your day in other areas... maybe she feels like this for her own reasons. Perhaps she's itching, or is having trouble breathing at night. Allergies, anything that could be causing her to feel more frustrated.
That's actually a very astute observation. DD is horribly sensitive about her diaper's fit and comfort or certain dresses she won't wear because they're "itchy" or even the crease on her socks not being aligned just right on her toes before her shoes goes on. She's had a canker sore for the past week, and when I looked in her mouth some more, LO AND BEHOLD, those wicked 2nd MOLARS!! One had broken through and another about to. THAT JUST MIGHT BE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpie View Post
LOL. We might need a sticky for this. What not to do with 2 year olds. Absolutely, do not break a two year old's food. This includes eggrolls, french fries, hashbrowns, cheese sticks, bananas, oranges.........
The other night, DD (who loves corn on the cob) wouldn't eat her corn because DH (who didn't know any better) took a bite out of it before she did. She pouted and screamed the rest of dinner time and wouldn't eat anything else either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Someone may have already answered this: night terrors are different than bad dreams. It's a sleep disturbance that they aren't actually conscious for, and waking them out of it can make it scarier for them bc then they're even more disoriented. The best way to handle night terrors is to be close and hold her if she'll let you or just sit near her and talk soothingly, but don't try to wake her. It sucks. :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpie View Post
I also read that if the child has night terrors at preditable times, you could wake them up briefly.
GOOD info!