View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't understand people who say disposables are cheaper

Ok, so I'm so frustrated and burnt out fighting rashes on both my kids with my stupid FLer that won't take bleach (and no, bleaching in the bathtub on a regular basis is not a viable option for me) that I actually did some scouting around pricing out sposies. Problem is, my kids have sensitive skin, and LO is the world's most explosive pooper, so generic sposies mean her clothes become disposable as well, IYKWIM. So the only ones that don't leave me throwing out half her clothes (or more) are Huggies or Kirkland. I won't be that mom who changes less often to save money on sposies. Per my spreadsheet, I'm looking at about $60/month. Sticker shock!! Ahhhh! Who are these people who say they can sposie for $20/month?? Are they just not changing diapers or something??? Even Up & Up (which just can't hold her poops. It's a fact.) would still run us somewhere around $45/month.

I can spend an awful lot on detergent and electricity before I'm anywhere near that! And I'm on kid #2, so we're pretty stash happy as far as fit and function go. Just can't shake the rashes unless we go sposies.