Thread: Wish us luck!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #33
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Omg thanks for sharing all this. We're in a similar position but (shame) has been in disposable pull ups for 3 months now. I made fleece trainers but they didn't work and I haven't had the time... And daycare just asked that he please have something he can pull up and down.

Funny thing is, what's working to remind him (he had it down in February at 20 months) is letting it be mostly up to him and using bribes. I know both are unpopular but... He's 2 1/2.

Mornings I get his jammies and diaper off while he nurses (that was a big barrier if I tried it later), then it's "potty shower teeth and clothes" time. If he flat refuses I don't fight but if he even sits he gets a candy. Candy and praise for going.

Giving him candy just for sitting was our big breakthrough.

Daycare puts him on the potty every 45 min and expected him to learn to do it alone, which he has done.

We have 100% success with #1 at home naked, but not with anything at all on. Go figure. But he's starting to ask to go when he's wearing pull ups.

He has to help clean up and we say icky and talk about poop and pee going in the potty... No shaming or anger. Just matter of fact.

Still zero success with #2 though. Sigh. Maybe when final exams are done I'll spend another few days on a semi-boot camp method.

Anyway good luck! And thanks for the laughs.