View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Worried I'm causing fights with other parents

Iím not sure if I should be handling things different. Sorry for the length Iím sure this will be.

My 2nd greater made best friends with a new kiddo this year. Neither of them have ever had such a close friend before. They are really good for each other too, help each other do better at school and such. His friend is the oldest of 4 boys. One of the brothers is in 1st and my son is also close with him. And a kindergartner that has decided he adores my youngest, my non-verbal autistic son. My son and his friend have play days around 4 days a week.

Iíve always gotten the vibe that his dad is not really in favor of play days at all. Iíve never met his dad, only his mom. She is friendly and I like her but we are not close at all.

So today my son was going to go play at their house and I asked if her kindergartner could come to my house. She let him. My kindergartner really wasnít all that excited about it (autism and all) but I could tell her kindergartner was SUPER excited. He said things like heíd never been allowed to ride in anyoneís car before, he'd never had a play day before, he wondered if he should call his dad and tell him he had a play day since his dad said he couldnít have play days, and that his mom and dad fight all the time about the oldestís play days and sleep overs.

They are really private but all four boys are wonderful boys so they are definitely doing a lot right. I donít want to cause more problems between them. Should I back off on play days. I would like to have her kindergartner over a couple of times a month. He says that my son is his best friend at school (Iím pretty sure if my son spoke he would not say the same, lol, but I love encouraging my youngest to act like a friend and have a great support system). His mom and the teachers at school have said this kiddos is very interested in my son, wants to learn how to interact with him, etc so I think the interactions are good for him but again I donít want to cause serious family problems.

Thoughts?