View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #82
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many gifts for Christmas?

We don't do a set amount of gifts, nor is it necessarily going to be equal number or price wise for each child this year. We do whatever is reasonable. My husband and I do not exchange gifts, though I do fill his stocking. He says that me buying him gifts is like "me buying gifts for myself", since he earns the money and he can buy whatever he wants whenever he wants. Hubby usually buys me gifts, but since there is nothing I need or want this year and we've had a particularly expensive year (bought a house and a used van in the past year), I just want us to be financially comfortable and secure. Getting token gifts that I maybe want but don't need or needs that aren't so pressing that I've already taken care to get them is just unnecessary.

We do buy for a few select friends and my husband's sister. I think we're going to end up not getting anything for his parents this year, though. Like us, they want and need nothing and it's silly to spend money just because you feel you should.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...

Last edited by cheezpoofs; 12-12-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added Clarification
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote