Michelle_M
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Worried I'm causing fights with other parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I think the boys would simply find other friends and the issues at home would continue regardless of who the friends or parents were. Unless you are an undesirable parent for some reason unkown to me. Which as the mama is not concerned is likely not the issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
Mmmm that would definitly make me stop and think. I think though in the end I would take whatever a 5/6yr old said with a grain of salt. Especially if youve never met the dad and the mom isnt super friendly and open. I would keep having playdates if the boys enjoy them and let the parents handle their own problems-if there are any.
I agree with both of these. I would continue to do as you've been doing. If the parents are fighting about it, that's between them. And if they are fighting over this, then they are fighting over other things too and backing away from play dates isn't going to change anything.

Let things continue as they are, and let the other parents deal with it between them.

There is probably more to the story than what the 6yr old is getting... so.. just let it go, unless you want to broach the subject with the other mother. You could be like "Something your DS said to me bothered me a little, and I wanted to talk to you about it. He said... xyz, and I wanted to make sure I'm not causing any problems for you at home." Or something like that.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote