View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
MelandMack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for those who have had a Mirena placed

When I had my second mirena placed......5 years after my first and not shortly after having a baby it did not hurt too bad to be placed. But then on the drive home the pain got so bad I thought I was going to get sick and pass out (thankfully I was able to pull over onto a side road and stop the car). I was in quite a bit of pain for the rest of the day. This was a very different experience than my first placement shortly after having a baby, during which I only had minimal cramping.
I talked to my dr about the pain at my follow up check and she it is very normal to be in a lot of pain if you are having the mirena placed at a time when your uterus and cervix were not recently stretched from a pregnancy and birth.
By the next day the pain was only minor occasional cramps and then went away totally by the 3rd day.
Fleece Diapering Items- www.wildchildforbabies.etsy.com - **Goodbye Sale**- All reminaing fleece is stocked. Use Coupon Code GOODBYE25 for 25% off orders of $15 or GOODBYE to save an extra 10% on any order.
MelandMack is offline   Reply With Quote