Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #11
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Menu ideas? Allergies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleThingsMama638 View Post
Thank you! We actually do French dip sandwiches a lot. They are so easy in the crockpot and the kids love dipping in the juice. I hadn't thought of Salisbury steak! We will have to try that one!

It's an actual coconut allergy. She had a rash that wasn't going away, put CJs on it and it got worse so I had her tested. Our allergist thought I was crazy for requesting it, but he thought that for corn too and that's on derived ingreds one of her biggest allergies. Apparently not much is known about coconut, I've been having a heck of time finding information on it and what hidden words to avoid. I'm pretty certain she also has some hidden fruit allergy but I don't even know where to start with that. But the coconut allergy tells me it's very likely.
Yeah. This is the only list I found on derived ingreds http://coconutallergy.blogspot.com/2...gredients.html . most people are fine with these though and of course that is only for products. Find a good allergist- ours never questioned what we wanted tested. DD had a facial reaction to cantaloupe, that got worse over ta couple days- she had been eating it for over a year when it happened. She started efusing it and it had been one of her favorites. She loves fruit so when she refuses one we take notice now. Sometimes its just that day and she goes back to normal. Any prolonged refusal we make note of to talk to with the doc.