View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to do with a toddler who just doesn't care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtchica View Post
I tried loose pants today - great suggestion! Only one accident so far. After that he took himself as needed. Thankfully he does not have poop accidents at all, because yeah that sounds gross lol.

I still struggle with "making" him use the potty at frequent intervals though. He's almost four, so he's kind of past the age of being forced to do something he doesn't want to. When you add in that his preschool teacher has asked us to start working on him with standing to pee, it gets even more complicated. Tomorrow he's back in pull-ups for school, but when he gets home I'm pulling out the sweatpants again.
I'm glad the sweat pants worked! Yeah, that is tough with an almost 4 yo. Can the preschool teacher just keep him in sweat pants throughout the day? Maybe have the teacher do a "three strikes" kind of thing, where he has to go back into pullups when he has his third accident in a row? I know it's a hassle, but from what I've read, it's a lot more effective to totally take away any type of diaper-like wear so that there isn't any other choice but to go potty. Standing up to pee- yeah, that will take time. My LO started doing that this week more regularly since big brother does it. He'll get there!
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote