Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #15
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is a waffle maker worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleLovies View Post
Yes! There are so many fun things you can do besides making waffles. And I use my pancake recipe with an added cup of cake mix to make waffles in it. If you search pinterest you can get more ideas. You can pop open a can of pilsbury cinnamon rolls and cook them in a waffle maker too.

I can't remember what brand mine is... sorry
We have done that - YUMMY! And easy, too. But it's difficult to sub in the more "natural" brands - they didn't work as well.
We have a Cuisinart waffle maker that the plates flip over to a solid surface (and it can lay open flat) so it can be a griddle, panini press, etc.
We got it to replace a broken Foreman grill and love, love, love it. We don't use it TERRIBLY often - maybe once/month - but in our teeny-tiny kitchen we have never once suggested getting rid of it to make space.
We like to make a gigantic batch of buttermilk waffles (eat some), freeze flat and then pop into freezer bags for homemade toaster waffles!
I would recommend getting a multi-tasker like ours, as it is very useful and doesn't take up any more space than a regular. Removeable, dishwasher-safe plates are a bonus.
Oh - should mention that ours makes 1 gigantic waffle that pulls apart into 4 at the seams - does that make sense? Totally fits in the toaster.

Last edited by DottieHarley; 01-16-2013 at 05:41 AM.
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote