View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: what do you allow your 8 year old to do??

My daughter is almost 6, and I would have no problem with her having a camera at 8. She has an iPod touch now, and treats it responsibly. Many of the kids at her school have prepaid cell phones in their backpacks for emergencies. Even some of the kindy kids have them. Since they are prepaid, kiddo can't do much damage financially if it gets lost. DH and I have been talking about it, but hadn't bought her one yet.

She has her own computer in her room, but it is a desktop since it was one we already owned. At some point, my laptop will get passed to her when DH or I get a new one. So by 8 or 9, she'd have one. Her school has class sets for k-4th grade, and every kid is required to have their own for 5th grade as a part of their school supplies (public school--if you can't afford to buy one, you can rent one from the school for $200) so she'll for sure have her own by the time she is 10. They use their laptops in most every class every day starting in 5th grade (middle school is 5-8th grade here).
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 01-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote