View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: SAHPs: How much do you play with your kids?

My boys are 7 and 11 and I homeschool so I spend a good bit of time doing that each day. When we aren't doing school stuff they are on their own. I need time to myself too. We do crafts and play games but they need down time and so do I. I tell them to go out and play or go to the playroom and find something to do. They have each other and plenty of toys. We have 4 dogs they can play with. As far as teaching them to work it out I have told them that they are old enough to settle their own differences. If I have to sort things out then they are going to wind up separated and doing something boring like chores or sitting alone in their room. They prefer to sort things out on their own unless things get really bad. It leads to a lot less tattling for silly little things like "he looked at me" or "he touched the toys I wanted to play with" and a lot more working together.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote