View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cupcakes and red dye allergy

Oh, the dye is in the cake itself? I wasn't understanding that. Yeah, if we were there, our family would pass on eating them. Maybe you could make those and make another batch of some without color for the one with the dye sensitivity. The boxed stuff only takes a few minutes to throw together and is super cheap.

It is a pain. They dyes aren't as bad as other things, but it is still annoying. At Christmas, our church had a children's Christmas play. There was lunch before the play. My son put something on his plate with red dye in it. (Jello mold, I think) My husband noticed it and said something to me. I thought he took it off. He thought I did. It wasn't till my son couldn't keep himself under control while in the kids choir in the play that we realized something was up and it was the jello, which he had eaten. Oops!! The dyes make my son really hyper and he can't control himself. I almost had to take him down in the middle of the play. Of all the times for us to miss it.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 01-18-2013 at 08:14 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote