View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoproverbs31
Sorry to hear that! Had the same issue with my 1st newborn but lost most the baby weight immediately cause I couldn't even have sugar! Most of my meals we either fish or plain chicken with quinoa and a grilled veggie. I couldn't even do ANY spices, so no vinegar, garlic, not even pepper! It was brutal but it was for the baby and eventually he grew out of it and now at 2.5 yo we have absolutely no allergies or problems praise God! However with baby #2 almost here, I am nervous that this time around will be similar.

I would just stick with lean meat, starch/grain and veggies for dinner. Most of the time Husband had the same meal as me but I spruced it up a bit so it wasn't so bland and boring for him.
Oh yeah I'm defiantly not having any trouble losing the baby weight on this diet. I only gained 18 lbs this pregnancy and so far I've lost 32. I couldn't do any sugar in the beginning either because we had thrush terrible but now I use some brown sugar in my oatmeal every morning. I did just pick up some agave syrup to try though since it has a low glycemic index. My grandmother is on weight watchers and its what she uses.

It's getting easier to eat dairy, soy & beef free. I've just been making everyone eat the way I do. DH did make me buy some butter for him this week though. I've been trying out some recipes from godairyfree.org and a few other blogs. I just wish I had some family meal ideas that were make ahead or simple enough for DH. I figure if I get the dairy and soy out of the house everyone will be healthier. The Ped wants my older DS to cut out dairy again because he has been having severe constipation issues and he's an asthmatic.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote