View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
mommy2abigail
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: controling attitude and anger?

I think we've all gotten into a 'funk' like that at one time or another. I see you are talking about your 3 year old, yes? What are some things she really enjoys doing? Could you set aside some time, maybe just 5-10 minutes a few times per day to do that with her? Really focus on only her and let other things go for that time...it's HARD. I know, I have to practically force myself sometimes. Can you get some alone time with just her? We try very hard to have a 'date' time with each of our kids, maybe 1-2 times a month. Daddy will take one girl out, or stay with the others while I do, or the bigs will go spend the night at grandmas and we will stay home with the toddler. Last night, for example, my older two stayed at my moms house so it was just me and the 2 year old. We took a shower and I sat on the floor and played with little cups of water with her, we made some play doh cookies, and we read board books at bedtime. It was peaceful and not stressful at all, because she was my only focus. It can't happen like that everyday, but I try to get some on one on one time with each of them.
My older two trade off 'kid of the day'. On their day, they get to pick the nap time video and stay up half hour later with dh and I. Knowing they will have a few days a week where they get our undivided attention helps so much.
Anyway, this may or may not help. Just thought I'd throw it out there, since I've found myself in a similar situation of constantly anticipating negativity and then getting just that. It's very hard.
mommy2abigail is offline   Reply With Quote