View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
catilina
Registered Users
seller

Re: SAHPs: How much do you play with your kids?

Can I just say, I am so relieved to read all this? I have been beating myself up over my lack of interest in playing with them lately and have been racked with guilt that I'm not being/doing enough for them. I always thought that other SAHMs spend their entire days just playing and being involved with and focusing on their kids, and it is good to hear that this just isn't true. I used to play with them a lot more, or at least interact with them a lot more while they played, but now that they are a bit older they are constantly running back and forth and it's hard to keep up with them just to interact here and there with their playing. I sit in the toyroom with them and play with them or clean up while they play for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or more every day, and then I actively play with them (roughhousing, chasing them, picking them up and swinging them around, dancing, etc) at least another 15 minutes/kid every day. They often help me in the kitchen or sit at the counter and color/do crafts while I cook or clean. And sometimes they play at my feet while I am busy in the kitchen or laundry room. Then of course we read a lot throughout the day. But for much of the day they are off playing alone or together while I am trying to get stuff done around the house, or working on stuff for church, or preparing meals. I just sometimes feel guilty that I am not with them more during the day, especially when they fight sooooo much when I'm not with them.

i'm a bloggin' mama! Your Fire, Your Soul
catilina is offline   Reply With Quote