View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

I've been thinking about something....I see a lot of mamas on here talk about their husbands who aren't able to do anything beyond basic child care on their "watch." Like, mom goes to the grocery store and when she returns the house is a mess, and the kids were basically just fed & diapered. My husband is no exception.

But it got me to wondering, how did the men in our lives turn out like this? How can they not notice toys on the floor or long fingernails or that the silverware drawer needs organizing?

I can be left alone with all 3 kids and do 4 loads of laundry, clean the entire kitchen, organize a closet, feed them a simple nutritious meal, and anything else that needs doing. He's left alone and they are fed cereal or hot dogs, diapered minimally, and the entire house looks like the toybox blew up. No dishes were washed (or even cleared from the table) and literally nothing else has been done, not even essential things like brushing teeth.

I have to make all dr's appts, TAKE them to all dr's appts, make school lunch, make sure DD has everything ready for school, do diaper laundry, clip nails, dress & undress the kids every day, brush teeth, comb hair, clean up any and all clutter and messes, take care of all organizing, I manage the hand me downs and make sure their clothes and shoes fit, I keep track of everything we need to buy, I buy everything, I am responsible for packing for trips and outings, I handle all coats, boots, hats, mittens when we leave the house, I bathe the babies, I pick up toys, I make beds and fold blankets, I dust, I open and close curtains, I cook every single meal, dispense snacks, fill sippy cups, make formula, and the list really goes on and on.

My hubby's responsiblities are:
bills
garbage
lawn care (not gardening)
vacuuming
washing dishes
bathe older kids
putting away clothes (but I wash everything, fold it and sort it first)

That's all good & fine, but I do all of those things sometimes, too, and he never does any of the things on my list. I have serious concerns that if God took me from this earth that my kids would not survive.

Anyhow, I guess I'm wondering why men are like this? Do they really not see it? How did they survive on their own for any length of time?