View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #18
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does your childcare/ preschool do for birthdays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Out of the 25 kids in my sons class- I'd be irked if cupcakes were served at every birthday. To be honest. :/

He goes 3x a week. And no food treats are allowed. You may bring pencils or whatever but no food. To be honest 1/2 the kids are over weight, so I'm fine with this. And we limit sugar junk for our kids... and since no one was asking if i WAnTED my kid to have a cupcake- at 3pm.... I'd be really bothered.

We also have a strong healthy food initiative in Cali. So I really don't ever need to worry about cupcakes for birthdays.

On the crown thing- some do- some don't.

Next time maybe ASK what they do? Instead of assuming you could rearrange the day to fit your needs? At the center my kids go to (when daddy is deployed) they have very strict snack times and shift changes.

If it were me- I'd have spoken with the director of the preschool- prior. Kwim?

Sorry it was a bummer. But she probably didn't notice

The school asks to please provide mini cupcakes or a small treat for the birthday. I don't actually see it as such a big deal since there are only about 16 kids in the group, so that is 16 cupcakes a year. Less than one every two weeks. In my opinion nothing wrong with that. Especially since I bake them myself.

Also I did ask them when was a convenient time, and she said afternoon snack and she suggested that as the time they would do it because it was right after nap, which happened to suit me as well. And then she wasn't even around. I was just surprised to find that they did nothing at all to make the child feel like it was their special day.

I am a bit bummed this year because she's moved up to an older group and I don't like either of the teachers. They are both just a little odd in personality and not very warm. She loved her teachers last year.

Last edited by jeebee; 01-24-2013 at 03:13 PM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote