View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I need help with leaky diapers! :(

Well since they are soaked then that actually IS an absorbency issue. I for one do not think that microfiber is particularly absorbent and once the baby gets older compression leaks are common. I prefer cotton because it is more absorbent and easier to clean. I would switch out your inserts for cotton flats or prefolds during the day. At night I would try make a cotton flat and 1-2 hemp doublers or something like a Flip organic.

Also why are you stripping? Do they smell? I would make you are are getting them clean on a regular basis and that should help as well.

ETA: Diapers in general, especially BG IMO are made to take a lot of abuse. No need to baby them. Drying on hot will do nothing to ruin them. I have been using the same set for many years and I wash hot, use Tide and bleach, everything goes in the dryer on hot etc. We have no leaks though once I switch to all cotton.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek

Last edited by nonipie; 01-25-2013 at 08:42 AM.
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote