View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

Chest tube experience?

We have been through the preemie dance as 4 of 5 babies have been 32 weekers, but none have had a chest tube until now. Everett was born January 23rd at 1249, so not yet 48 hours old. He's big and very fiesty which seems to be part of the problem. He kept getting worked up and screaming but was doing well on room air ram Cpap. I was able to hold him multiple times from his first day. I was visiting him at three am and he was calm and doing well. They said as soon as I left he began screaming and started going down hill requiring his o2 to be turned way up along with pressure. Of course this resulted in X-rays which showed he collapsed his right lung. He's now on the vent with a chest tube. Just wondering about others' experiences with chest tubes and how long they had them. Sorry if this is scrambled. Foggy new mommy brain!
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote