View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #176
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

My husband's mother was still picking out and setting out his clothing as a senior in highschool. His grandmother was still cleaning his room when he was in community college. When he got his first job, his grandmother packed his lunches for him, did his laundry, etc.

There are a lot of things I didn't learn growing up. But as an adult, I stepped and learned how to do it. I do NOT understand how so many men can't seem to do that, no matter how much they were babied growing up.

I've tried the "I'm on strike!" thing, adn the only person who ended up angry and frustrated was me. He didn't care if there were condement stains on the counters. Wipe them up? Nah! Not necessary. He didn't care if there was food spilled on the stove top. He didn't care if the microwave was splattered. He didn't care if there were poop smears in the toilet bowl. He couldn't see that the mirrors needed cleaned because they were spotty. He doesn't care if there's clutter all over our desks, bookshelves, etc.

ETA: Wow! Just read some more of the thread, and I can't believe some of hte uppity snobs of "I married the perfect man and if yours isn't perfect you should communicate with him or not have married him! It's your fault!"... really? 1) who said none of us speak to our spouses? speaking does not equal instant change 2) some of the quirks you learn you don't like about another person can't be known until you've lived/been married to someone for awhile. I was already committed to my husband before I moved in with him/married him, and we were together for about 3 years before I married him.

Last edited by crunch!910; 01-25-2013 at 03:46 PM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote