View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
My Mood:
Re: How to Encourage Positive Body Image and Self Esteem?

Originally Posted by ProudCoastieWife View Post
Came across this today and remembered your post. It's from a blogger in my hometown and it addresses some of the issues you're facing. Hope this helps!
Thanks I'll check it out!

Originally Posted by lilannies mama View Post
It sort of sounds like ( unless I'm taking your dd's tone wrong) that she doesn't have a poor self image of herself. You changed the way she looked by doing her hair different & she wanted to look like the her she already was. I'm like that to unless I made the decision to change my look I never wanted my mom to either. She may be independent & like her curls which is great. One of my friends has those spiral type curls & she was always wanting them gone. It just sounds like that to me though I could be totally wrong.
Originally Posted by strongwoman View Post
Same thing i was thinking. Did you write your post wrong, because it sounds to me that she likes the way she looks, curls and all...
I didn't go into a lot of detail so I understand the confusion. Her comments made me realize how amazing she is and I don't want her to be affected by my feelings about myself...if that makes sense. It's more of a general question for the future than in regard to this situation.
Lucky to be Brian's wife
and mama to Nora (3 years) and Lucy (11 months)
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
~Mae West
GreenDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote