View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
GreenDahlia
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to Encourage Positive Body Image and Self Esteem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCoastieWife View Post
Came across this today and remembered your post. It's from a blogger in my hometown and it addresses some of the issues you're facing. Hope this helps!

http://www.quadcitymomsblog.com/2013...-so-pretty-if/
Thanks I'll check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilannies mama View Post
It sort of sounds like ( unless I'm taking your dd's tone wrong) that she doesn't have a poor self image of herself. You changed the way she looked by doing her hair different & she wanted to look like the her she already was. I'm like that to unless I made the decision to change my look I never wanted my mom to either. She may be independent & like her curls which is great. One of my friends has those spiral type curls & she was always wanting them gone. It just sounds like that to me though I could be totally wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongwoman View Post
Same thing i was thinking. Did you write your post wrong, because it sounds to me that she likes the way she looks, curls and all...
I didn't go into a lot of detail so I understand the confusion. Her comments made me realize how amazing she is and I don't want her to be affected by my feelings about myself...if that makes sense. It's more of a general question for the future than in regard to this situation.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
~Mae West
GreenDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote