View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
aimeelee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
4 week old will only sleep on me!

Hi everyone,

I'm an exhausted new mom, and I could really use some advice from some experienced parents who've been there, done that. My four-week-old newborn is a lovely baby, and seems fairly easy-going, baby-wise, but I can't put her down! We have an Arm's Reach mini co-sleeper attached to the bed and she HATES it. She could be dead asleep and as soon as we put her down, she is wide awake and fussing up a storm. If we let her fuss, she'll progress to crying in short order. We also have the Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer, and she'll sleep in that sometimes, but only sometimes, and it's not really meant for hours of sleeping.

My sister-in-law gave us a Fisher-Price Rock and Play Snug-a-Bunny Sleeper, and said it was a life saver, but the reviews on amazon are really scary...MANY people saying this product gave their baby plagiocephaly or torticollis, and that their baby now needs PT and/or to wear a helmet, and others complaining about toxic flame-retardants...plus there was a recall due to mold growth on some of the products.

The only place that she'll sleep is in my arms or on my chest, and while I like having her in the bed with us, I'm afraid that she'll roll off of me, fall off the bed, or be caught under blankets or pillows. Plus our mattress is definitely on the soft side. My husband is nervous as well, as he is a heavy sleeper and fears he could crush her in his sleep. I just really need some good sleep sometime soon! Does anyone have any advice for me? Product recommendations are welcome as well.

Thank you!
aimeelee76 is offline   Reply With Quote