Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
DCF - What to Expect?

I received a call from DCF today, asking to set up a home visit.
My children have never been involved with DCF before. My only experience with this was a few very negative ones when I was a child.

I know they are not allowed to say who filed a report, but my kindergartener's school had already warned me before that they may file (there were a few incidences of him coming to school with less than pristine uniforms and messy hair.)

What should I expect?

I am nervous of course, since all of my previous experiences were bad ones.
My oldest child has Asperger's as well as some accompanying issues. to be honest, he is mostly out of my control and we have conflicting personalities to boot. I have given serious thought to the notion that I am unable to provide the correct environment and support for his needs. I don't know what the solution to that would be, however.
My entire bedroom smells because I cannot get my oldest to stop peeing on things. I will be spending the weekend with the shampooer, but it doesn't help a whole lot anymore.
My preschooler is almost completely non-verbal and shows signs of severe ADHD.
I follow a lot of attachment and natural parenting philosophies - I'm sure that DCF will not be pleased that we do not vaccinate, I'm extended breastfeeding, and my youngest still co-sleeps.
I can't get a job, don't have a car, pay 80% of my income just for rent, and I see absolutely no remedy to my situation at present. My father was supposed to help me with a vehicle and I will be a licensed EMT at the end of February, but that's all I got!
The kids fathers offer little or no support. I do get child support from one.
It looks bad. Not to air all my laundry, but what am I up against?