Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
aimeelee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 4 week old will only sleep on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillimom View Post
another thought - when she sleeps on you, she's on her tummy right? And I assume when you put her down it's on her back? Some babies just plain won't sleep on their backs. My DD only slept on my chest until 4 weeks old (when we gradually transitioned her to in bed beside me), just like you're describing, and, in hindsight, I think it was as much about being on her tummy as being on me. I know on the back is what is recommended, but, for me, with the one I'm growing right now, if she'll only sleep on her belly then belly it is. However, she'll be in the bassinet right beside me so I feel comfortable with that.

Yep, when she sleeps on me, she's on her tummy, with her head just below my shoulder. And my mom has told me numerous times to just put her on her belly, but I'm really terrified of SIDS. When she was swaddled in our first week at home, she was always on her side, so maybe it's just that she refuses to sleep on her back. ARGH!! I feel like if I put her to sleep on her tummy, even if she's right next to me, I won't sleep a wink because I'll be obsessively listening to her breathing...but we have her one-month pediatric appointment coming up, so I'll definitely run this by her doctor and see what she says. If there's no loose bedding in her co-sleeper, and she sleeps with a pacifier in, and we have a fan going, maybe our risk of SIDS will be low enough that we can get away with putting her on her tummy to sleep. Am I a helicopter mom already?!?
aimeelee76 is offline   Reply With Quote