View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: DCF - What to Expect?

Buy some OdoBan for the carpet. It isn't natural, but it works. You can get it at Sams or Home Depot (a few Walmarts carry it as well, but I've only seen it at one), and it is pretty cheap. If you can, get the gallon concentrate that comes with a spray bottle. You can either put the concentrate into a carpet shampooer, or you can just use the spray bottle to saturate the carpet. It should get rid of the smell completely, and to me it just smells like baby soap. Saturate the carpet and spray the walls as well. You can even use it in the washing machine to get the smell out of bedding and blankets.

When we moved in here, one of our closets REEKED of cat urine, which is very hard to get rid of (they shampooed the carpets prior to us moving in, so they were clean). I saturated the carpet with OdoBan and sprayed the walls floor to ceiling, and once it dried the smell was completely gone.

As for DCF, they just want to help you, not hurt you. Even if they do find some problems, they will give you a chance to fix them. They won't come in and immediately yank your children from you. Good luck, and I hope you are able to get some help!! I'm sorry you are going through this.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote