View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 4 week old will only sleep on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeelee76 View Post
MANY people saying this product gave their baby plagiocephaly or torticollis, and that their baby now needs PT and/or to wear a helmet, and others complaining about toxic flame-retardants...plus there was a recall due to mold growth on some of the products.
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the whole 'back is best' is what has contributed to the increase in most flathead-ness. My child dealt with that (although not the actual misaligned ears, etc of real plagiocephaly and torticollis). The doctors explained to us that, unfortunately, the 'back is best' has given rise to the cases of this. Add to that, my child hated tummy time.. and... well...

are you swaddling? That generally helps babies sleep. Mine slept on me at that age or right next to me all swaddled up. I just didn't use a blanket for my side. dressed in night clothes (which isn't normal for me generally) so that the blanket wasn't an issue.