View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 10 month old screams to get up.. switch to floor bed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
she's 10 months.. waking up in the middle of the night to practice crawling would be considered normal. so, yeah, I think that's a great solution!

and if she's up for hours, there's really nothing you can do about it. You cannot make them sleep. DD would wake up in the middle of the night and play in her crib and I just had to let her. She didn't want to be soothed, she wanted to practice things.

most likely, once the skills are mastered, the waking up to practice will end and things will go back to normal.
She's trying to master walking, as she mastered crawling about 2 months ago. This is the second week she has woken up screaming, though, for no apparent reason, and then wants to get up and play.

I'd rather have her crawling all over me while I'm trying to sleep, than have her screaming 2 feet away from me while I'm trying to sleep!

And we have always been cosleepers, DS slept with us from 1-3, but we have a queen now instead of a king, so not much room for cosleepers. I think we will be getting a king with a little of our tax return, though. I love cosleeping, and our mattress has to be replaced to a firmer one anyways.

Loving All Things: Homeschooling, Essential Oil, Homesteading, City Farming, Dave Ramsey, Minimalist, Simple Life, Attachment Parenting, Big Family, Gentle Parenting, Spiritualist w/ No Religion Affiliation, Outdoor Playing, Media Reducing, and Cloth Diapering.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote