View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
satiglenn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Serious problem with DD. Need help :(

Please, if anyone has any experience with night-terrors, please let me know if this sounds normal to you. I'm freaking out

My daughter is 2.5, nurses to sleep, is laid in her bed (she knows this, it is not "snuck" on her), and when she wakes in the middle of the night, she comes through the house and gets in bed with us. This has been the normal routine for over a year, without any problems really.

Now she seems to having night-terrors or something. I don't mean she wakes up screaming or crying, and eventually calms down and goes back to sleep, remembering nothing the next morning. That would be NORMAL night terrors. What she does is something else entirely, and it is very scary. If it weren't so far-fetched, I'd almost say she seems possessed. She screams at the top of her lungs, completely out of her mind in a panic. She pushes against me, refusing any kind of comfort (I am normally the only one who CAN comfort her in the daytime; she is very attached.) Even when I'm not touching her, she is screaming, "NO MAMA NO!! I DON'T WANT TO!!" rolling in the floor, kicking her legs, kicking the wall, sometimes running back through the house full-speed. I cannot hold her, I cannot talk to her. Her eyes are wide open, turning on a light doesn't phase her, noises such as flushing the toilet don't phase her. She is COMPLETELY unreachable, sometimes for over an hour, and once last week for over THREE HOURS-- her all-time record. I use up all of my creative solutions, try everything I can think of, but I just CAN'T ignore her and "let it run it's course" because she is obviously in torment.

In the morning, I ask her if she remembers crying last night, and she always says yes, but she doesn't know why. When she is in the middle of an episode, she honestly looks and acts as if she is being attacked. The NO MAMA NO!! I DON'T WANT TO!! is really taking an emotional toll on me. My nerves are shot. We are all suffering from sleep deprivation, even her. I don't know what to do. I don't wanna take her to a doctor for sleeping medicine (which is the only thing I can think of that might have any effect) because we are mostly anti-doctor and anti-medication.

Has anyone ever had any experience with anything like this before?? Did they ever grow out of it? When? Or does this really sound alarming, like maybe I SHOULD take her to a doc?
satiglenn is offline   Reply With Quote