View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
It depends on the issue.

But, not sitting down with food, is an instant "Oh, then you are done". Food is taken away. I don't mess with kids walking around with food.

I think a two year old is old enough not to kick or hit a dog. It's a deal breaker here, and either the dog or the child would be removed from the situation.

There are very few things that I will not tolerate, but, those few things are not negotiable. For everything else, I'll go with the flow. I'll set the child up with fun messy things, I'll open the doors when the weather is nice and make sure he or she can safely play outside alone... I will go to great lenghts to make sure most things are a "yes" and very few things are a "no". But, getting up from the table and hurting animals are not O.K.

Amazingly, kids can tell when it's not going to fly with me, and they don't even try it. I have 12 month old kids sitting at the kid's table without restraint, and they figure it out immediately, that if they want to eat, they'd better be sitting down to do it. (there's also peer pressure too...so, it's not just me)
Ds knows not to hit, kick or pull the dogs tail, but he still does. And when he does he gets put in his crib although this doesn't really phase him & now he is trying to climb out & almost flipped/fell out after dinner while I was in his room getting his pjs. And he still bothers the dog when he is in his crate- dragging the crate & once he flipped the crate while the poor dog was inside. Tonight he must have been pulling on the dogs ear enough to make the dog start yelping. That's when he went to his crib. But I talked at length with ds about being nice to dogs only giving hugs & kisses & not pulling the tail or ears while demonstrating with a toy dog. But he still does it & he thinks its funny. Idk what to do?

Ds seems to be a "spirited child" but sometimes I wonder if this is just normal or is it slightly abnormal?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum