View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Serious problem with DD. Need help :(

It does sound like fairly normal "extreme" night terrors in our house. I have 6 kids (5 old enough to do it). Of those 5 old enough, 2 did it often and 2 do it some and one has never done it. The 2 who are older and did it often have both grown out of it, though the oldest and most extreme of them talks in his sleep now, at 7. The 5 year who did it doesn't anymore and doesn't talk in his sleep. My 2.5 year old twins both do it every once in a while, one more than the other, but not as much as my older two.

I think she will grow out of it. The research that I did said that night terrors seem like the child is very scared and in terror, but in actuality, they are not. I don't know how "they" know, but that is what I read in several places.

If you are concerned, mention it to the ped. But, while it is alarming, I wouldn't worry.

Oh, I used to try to wake mine, but rarely could. I would turn the light on too and their eyes are freaky, freaky, freaky. The cold cloth to try to wake them up is a good thought. I think we may have done that too.

to you. It's hard to handle. I hope she grows out of it soon.

Oh, one other thought, the more tired my children are, the more likely they are to have an episode. So, make sure she is getting enough sleep overall is important.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 01-29-2013 at 07:52 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote