Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #10
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Coconut, almond, rice, or goat milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss squish View Post
Ds is definitely not allergic to coconuts, he eats coconut oil in food (he eats what we eat, we use as a dairy substitute in things) and coconut butter on toast.
It's a good point about almonds though.......is that still a chance even if he's had peanuts and coconuts?
And I looked at some rice labels and agree there's not much in there.
We are lucky that ds is not truly allergic to dairy. It makes eczema break out and gives him cold symptoms but nothing dangerous so I'm not worried about offering him a little to try. I will read on raw vs pasteurized also, I know a lot of beneficial things get destroyed in the process. The farm we buy a lot of our meat and cheese from sells raw goats milk and I would feel good giving that to ds.

I think I could get hemp milk at a store here. I'll go look at some labels when I go later. What's in hemp that the others don't have?
Peanuts, coconut and almonds are not related. So it is still possible, but if he doesn't have any actual allergies and there is no family history than I wouldn't worry about almond allergies. Its recommended to wait on highly allergic foods (in kids with allergic potential) just because its easier to treat if their is an ANA reaction. but if there is no reason to suspect an allergy then no reason to wait.