View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Katie Mae
Registered Users
seller

Refusal to Vaccinate Form

So we ARE vaccinating our children. Just not according to the suggested schedule. We are "cautiously vaccinating" as I tell people, and just spreading them out, with the intention to have our kids have the shots eventually, just not "on time" per say. I had my DS in for a strictly vaccine visit today and the nurse asked me to sign a "Refusal to Vaccinate" form. I refused, because we aren't refusing at all, just delaying them. Then she asked me to sign that I declined to sign the form. To which I told her I wasn't signing my name on their form at all. She gave us the shots we came in for, and was helpful as I asked questions about getting the shots we are missing, but she just looked at me like I was a lunatic for not even touching their paper. (I snooped and saw it at our 18 month check up and had read it already, and was utterly not impressed, so I didn't want anything to do with it.)

Now I'm terrified to schedule our next appointment because I'm afraid they will push it again and forever. I'm wondering if I just signed a piece of paper and said something like, "We feel that in the best interests of our family, we have chosen to create our own vaccination schedule for our children" and see if they will take that instead? I didn't ask because I don't think well under pressure so I feel like I just want them to stop pressuring me, but I want to be respectful to their office at the same time. I don't like confrontation so I really just wondered if there was any legalities with not signing their form? From what I've read it seems like the worst they could do would be to say they won't see us, and that doesn't seem super likely since the nurse did give us the shots. I just know we switched to this doctor from another, and it took me a couple of months to find a practice that would even accept new patients. I generally love the office, I just wish they'd respect parents wishes a little more and not try to force stuff on me. Especially because I AM vaccinating my children. Grrr...