View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
mollym
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Families that went from 2 incomes to 1 after having kids....I need help please

My son is three months old. I'm quitting my main job next week, so we'll see how it goes. I'll continue a part-time job that pays about $300/mo (it's practically volunteer work) and I think I'm going to pick up a job for about 12 hours per week. But all told, we'll still be making at least a third less than before, and that's not including the added insurance costs.

My husband always says that you either have time or money, but rarely both. When I was younger and just out of college, I had a decent amount of time (few commitments outside of work) but not a lot of money. For the past several years, we've had a good income but we've been super-busy. So I guess, I'm curious. Now that I'm not working full-time, will it feel like I have a lot more time? Or will parenting eat up all that time plus more? I know that I'll be *busy* parenting, but will I be able to multitask to get regular stuff done? Or will we now just be out of time and out of money?
mollym is offline   Reply With Quote