Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #67
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 2yo DD Touching Lady Parts. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I don't believe it's harmless. I believe it has spiritual implications. All sin (and sex outside of marriage is sin) distances us from God. There are also benefits to waiting until marriage to experience those feelings. Sex (and all the feelings associated with it) and normal, natural and SACRED. Our bodies are sacred. And the desires we all have are not only normal, but they are important! If my child feels guilty for masturbating it won't be because they've been taught their bodies are bad. They just have been taught that there is a more appropriate time and place for for experiencing sexual arousal.

It's like saying a kid who steals a candy bar shouldn't feel bad about it. Wanting a candy bar is okay. Having a candy bar is okay. Taking a candy car without means to pay for it is not okay. Guilt is not a terrible thing. It means you're doing something you've been taught not to.

As for punishment , no, I could not and would not punish a teenager for masturbating. (assuming I knew about it) There's not much I could do about it anyway. At that point, it's between them and their God. But we will, throughout their lives, talk about the sacred nature of intimacy, why it is better to wait until marriage and the blessings that come from a healthy intimate relationship with one's spouse.

I don't expect to everyone to agree with my parenting choices or my spiritual beliefs. But implying that teaching a child not to masturbate is going to somehow ruin their perception of their bodies is absolutely not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I agree with you. Masturbation outside of marriage in my opinion is sin. Impure thoughts are thought to reach climax. That's sin. My children will be aware of this. I can't stop them from it of course. DH & I had premarital sex and partook in masturbation and we dealt with our own guilt and repentance. I believe masturbation can have its place in a marriage, but outside, no. In my opinion it is sin and that's what I will teach my children. I will also talk to them about how I struggled with premarital sex and all the heartache that came with it. I want them to know the consequences of what we choose to do with our bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeweese View Post
I agree with all of this. It's not shaming sexuality to teach children what you believe to be right. It's all about HOW you go about it. I stated in my earlier post that I was not allowed to touch myself and my mother never encouraged me to go to my room to do it either. She taught me what we believe to be right in the eyes of God. That does not give children complexes. I had very candid discussions with my mother about sexuality, body parts, how to use them, etc. My husband and I have a great sex life and aren't in the minority. We have many friends and family that were raised the same way and are totally secure about their bodies. You don't have to agree, but to tell someone that their religious beliefs about masturbation are wrong and going to hurt their children... If the conversations are respectful and encourage an open line of communication that is not the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
I agree I will never support or teach masturbation. I have never masturbated, I was a virgin when I got married, and I have an awesome sex life. I have never had a complex about my body. There is definitely a way to teach appropriate behavior without shaming a kid and teaching them their body is dirty. I hope to teach my kids that sex is awesome! But that is it also sacred and that sex and activities that encourage arousal should only be between husband and wife.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I believe that ALL sexual acts should be reserved for those who are married. I believe this is what the Creator intended.

As to whether it feels good, is physically or psychologically "good for you", makes you more fulfilled as a person, helps you save your virginity, helps you "release", makes you sleep better.... or whatever other arguments there are in favor of it, they all become invalid in my mind when I consider God's thoughts on the matter.

For me, the Bible is the final authority on all matters. No amount of science or.human logic can trump what the One who designed us has to say about what is right or wrong or healthy or not for humans.

I feel that pretty accurately sums up my thoughts. With that, I am bowing out of this thread.
I agree with all of these !

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
But the bible says nothing about masturbation. Your god didn't share thoughts on touching oneself privately.
Yeah it does IMO Here are a few verses off the top of my head

James 1:14-15

Galatians 5:16

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5