View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
mugsywebb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how to prepare my son for major dental work

I haven't been on diaperswappers for quite a while, but I figured all you awesome mamas may give me some good help on preparing my son for dental work.
We have been to two dentists and these have to be done. I trust his dentists completely and ds lives them. But he has to get some extractions and some crowns. They are doing oral sedation split into two appointments. I've explained that he is going to lose some teeth and he is fine with that, in fact he is ready to go now. (he loves the dentist)
But I don't know how to explain to him the drilling or the conscious sedation. I don't want to worry him but i don't want him to be surprised at the procedure. It isn't general anesthesia, he will be awake, but it isn't just laughing gas.
Have any mamas gone through this, and if so how can i prepare him for the big day. I'm going to ask the dentist to help explain it to him also, but id like some insight.
and please no flames, i already feel like an awful mama. We all have sucky teeth despite good nutrients and brushing flossing 2-4 times a day (basically after any food)
Thanks in advance!

Come join Swagbucks and LOCKET! My Christmas is totally free!!
mugsywebb is offline   Reply With Quote