View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whats your simple weekly menu?

Mine is a little more complicated this week then usual because of school. I am in a food a culture class and we have a project of making a traditional item not of our heritage. I am actually making a couple this week because I found a lot of recipes that looked good.

Mon- french bread pizza, homemade

Tues- Bruschetta, baked brie with roasted garlic and green beans- using up the extra french bread made by my recipe. Vegetarian.

Wed- Garden Pasta- canned tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and zuc tossed with pasta- vegetarian- could easily add some pepperoni or a cured meat.

Thur- Pirozhki (meat pastry). Pretty simple but requires a dough be made. Its just a puffy dough filled with cooked ground beef and a few diced veggies. We're having it with roasted carrots and broc as sides. Polish recipe - I think, can't remember now

Fri- baked cabbage w/ smoked sausage. Think this one is Polish too

For my project I am making youvetsi (lamb and orzo) which is Greek and lemon lime syrup cake.

Now for a more typical week:
Mon: veggie fettuccine Alfredo (home made "diet" recipe)
Tues: crock pot Tuscan beef stew
Wed: Veggie lasagna (with red sauce not white)
Thur: Sweet and sour Veggies over rice- no meat
Fri: Hamburgers, sweet potato and carrot fries