View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #23
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Hello- I had a few people refer me to this thread- hopefully it is the right spot for me.

I am due July 21st with a boy. This pregnancy started out with twins and we lost Baby A around 13 weeks. Generally I am doing well and focusing on the positive- having a healthy baby boy! Yesterday I had a surprise cry at my ultrasound appointment when the Dr. showed me Baby A. I think she did it to try to make me feel better, but oops- it certainly stirred up emotions. She told me that Baby A is shrinking and will be absorbed in my body soon and will be "obliterated." I'm sure she didn't think of what that word would mean to me, but the whole thing was so sad. I had difficulty then going on with the rest of the ultrasound.

So here I am- experiencing a loss and a pregnancy all at once. The mix of emotions are so unusual...
Glad you made it over. I remember the feeling of seeing the remains of baby B on the u/s. It's HARD. And it took a while until baby B was no longer visible and since your loss was later than mine it will probably be even longer for yours. (((Hugs))) Take your time to grieve. Sorry your Dr was so insensitive.

Marie sounds like a good appointment.

Elena glad your're back sorry about the bleeding.

AFM-thankfully after 2 trips to the ortho and getting a nice support belt for my symphysis I'm doing much better. No more pain unless I overdo things or make a wrong movement. Nausea and vomiting is the same so that keeps me from overdoing things anyway. We go to see the perinatologist Tuesday and it will be my first real appointment since December 19th. Not really counting the level 2 u/s here because that was just the u/s. Baby boy is sooooo active and already waking me every night because he kicks so hard. LOL And he hates me having a full bladder and will actively punch it when he thinks I need to use the restroom :P Love that part of pregnancy and trying to treasure it because this is definitely my last. (unless God has a very weird sense of humor!)
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote