View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What was your first reaction when you got your positive pregnacy test?

#1, 2, 3, and 4 were all planned and I was extremely excited.
#5 was very unexpected; I had been on the IUD.. it fell out and my midwife told us to use a back up method of BC until my period started then to come in and she would put a new IUD in. We used a back up method (condoms) but my period never came. I was still super excited and happy, though.
#6 took some warming up to... to be honest. We were preventing, Ortho Tri Cyclen. We went camping in the middle of June and I was so stressed to make sure I remembered everything for 5 kids.... turns out the only things I forgot were the can opener and my BC pills. :/ So I went 4 days with no BC pills... and we obviously weren't careful enough. I took a pregnant test the beginning of July and it was positive. Between the fact we had recently decided our family was complete, Dh was planning to get a Vasectomy, and I had been working hard all summer to lose weight which resulted in a 50lb weight loss... I admit, I was very shocked and numb at first. I remember looking at the pregnancy test, and I know this sounds awful.. but all I could think was, "I finally have all the kids out of diapers for the first time since LO1 was born, (5 kids in 6 years) I've worked so hard all summer to get back in shape, we finally felt complete and M was going to get a Vasectomy......... this has to be some sort of sick joke." :/

However... we're now 4/5 weeks from meeting her and we are all SOOO excited and wouldn't change it for the world.