View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did it take you to get "good" at this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_to_DJM View Post
This is my 4th year... I still feel like I'm not very good at it! The kids are doing very well, our days are just a lot more chaotic than I feel like they should be. It's not like things just get easier every year- things change! My 1st year of homeschooling, my younger two kids still took naps. Not anymore! Then in year 3 my middle child started homeschooling, which added more scheduling challenges. Really no two years have been the same!
this is pretty much me LOL I've been HSing for 4 yrs now. at the beginning it was fun and we laughed and played. but now, as they get older, and the school work becomes actual work, it can be draining. and some days i feel like an epic homeschool mom failure. but other days i feel like a rock star. so i just plug along knowing that i'm doing the best for my kids. but...yeah....i'm still not "good" at it LOL

and my oldest used to ask to go to school, then he realized what time he would have to get up in the morning, how long the day was, how much homework he would have, so he decided home was a better option. and yeah, i may have exagerrated a smidge when i was explaining details

DS2 & DS3 have never been to school, so they have no idea what they are missing. i have asked DS2 if he wants to go to preschool at our church, and he said NO! I want to do school w/mommy <3
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote