View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: What was your first reaction when you got your positive pregnacy test?

Stunned disbelief for both. With DD1, we were actively preventing. We wanted kids, but were SO broke and wanted to wait until we were married. With DD2 we had been trying for 2 years and I had worked myself up microanalyzing my symptoms so many times only to discover my "early pregnancy symptoms" were simply PMS. I had brought my phone and my GYN's number into the bathroom with me because if that test had shown up negative, I was going ot call him per his instructions to make an appointment to see what other methods we could use to help my fertility.

With DD1 I then frantically read and reread the instructions to make sure what I was seeing was real, and then immediately tried ot call DH, who was in our cell services armpit and wasn't reachable. I then called my best friend who wasn't home, but walked in the door as I blurted out the news to her husband, who congratulated me. I was so panicked by it, that was the first moment since I saw the lines that I had actually thought that this could be a good thing. And then I relaxed. Money would be an issue, but I'd been with DH for 10 years, we wanted kids, so yes this was a good thing.

With DD2, I was so incredibly happy I was shaking once the disbelief wore off. I texted my husband, and shortly after he texted me back I posted on the TTC forum here for everyone to verify. Once verified (why I needed that I don't know, I think I was just afraid I was wrong), I called my doctor to get a blood test done.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote