View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #21
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Medicaid and OOPS! I didn't make it to the hospital birth..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
medicaid covers homebirth in many states. have you talked to a mw to see if they accept it?
medicaid will cover if you don't make it to hossy if that is your choice your ob just won't get the big baby catching fee. if I was willing to go unassisted though no way I would be going to hossy right after having baby but that is why i have a mw and stay home
how far is a mw? mine are about 2 hours away and can stay in another room and you can still have just you and dh there and have her check you and babe afterwards.......just a thought
If a MW was an option I would choose that. But we couldn't afford a mw anyways. (why I have Medicaid) I live in the middle of nowhere, in a small town, with no cnm MW's nearby.

I have no issues going to the hosp afterwards. I would nurse and deliver the plancenta first. But honestly, even though I've had 3 low risk pg's - you never know what will happen. So I will take it week by week and if I feel like it's worth the risk to go u/c, then we will, otherwise we will labor as long as possible at home then make our way to the maternity ward.