View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why are REAL pics so hard to take?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
Pictures are hard To take for those of us without digital cameras, regular computers, or more than basic computer skills. I, for example, have a five-year-old iPad, no digital camera, and no camera phone. I do my best to describe the items accurately, and I will have DH take a picture with his work phone if buyers really need photos and will email the pic, but I still don't know how to put that in a listing. And he really doesn't like to do that since it is a work phone.

I have never posted stock photos, but I DO regularly post an amazon.com link to the item so buyers can see what it looks like new and what I paid for the item new. It is NOT me being shady or deceitful. I am trying to be helpful to those who might be unfamiliar with the item or brand.

I trust buyers will see my positive feedback and trust my honesty about items, and take it up with me later if they don't like what I have sold them. I have been selling online since 2006 and never once posted a picture in a thread, and have 100% positive feedback.
I don't know, that not really an excuse, if you want to sell. It's just not. I'm glad you've been able to find buyers, but I guarantee you'd hit a bigger market, Here at least, with photos. You can get a camera for 25 bucks and even in the smallest rural town ived lived in had a library with computers. Upload to a server like Dropbox, box, or photobucket, and your iPad can pull them from the app.
IMO, if you can't be bothered to take photos, sell on Craigslist.