View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #331
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin'sMom View Post
I think this is my first post here but lately I have been dealing with bitterness towards other mom's who are just coming into this way of thinking that are in their mid-late thirties. I understand that no matter your point in life it's a leap of faith BUT really I am 25 and have had 3 in just under 3 years.....lol it sounds terrible but I am totally struggling.
Anyway, I am Laura! My boys are 3, 1 and 3 months, I am from a quiverful (i don't like the word but what ever) family, so they are of course open to any and all of our babies (my parents only ended up with 4 children on earth and many many in heaven). But I worry about my in-laws, I think my FIL has things he would like to say but my MIL keeps his mouth shut, I am sure they worry about us but that's for them to deal with not us . As my mother in law says, their first was her idea and look how that turned out, number two (DH) was his dad's idea and look how that turned out (eyeroll) but ds3 was God's idea and that turned out so good. (gag me with a spoon they play blatant favorites). I am working really hard to keep them from doing it with our boys, anytime they try I just point it out and I don't think they mean too but just do it instinctively with our oldest.
That was chatty..lol

But another reason for posting is that I am finding myself to be a little bit bitter (again) about the fact I can't let my kids run around when we go places where other people are (even if it's not the right place for it). They must not touch anything when we go to the store, they must keep their hand on the cart 100% of the time, they must talk in soft voices because even if it's ok for one kid to do it it's not ok for 5 or 6 or what ever number to do "blank". It's hard to make them behave lol.
My mom commented this afternoon when she watched us walk into costco, "how is it that the newly 3 year old is the 'big boy the 'responsible' one." and she was proud of me and my parenting for the fact that Phinehas could be the one to walk and close the van door and hold my membership card. I felt so sad for him, does that make sense? (the funny thing is that I was thinking the same thing as I walked in, watching another mama walk out carrying her 3ish year old.)
But I also got an awesome complement in goodwill today too, just to share. A lady complemented me on being such a patient mom, little did she know that talking softly and asking my kids please and thank you is scarier then yelling lol.

Just saying hello!
I worry about my inlaws too. Neither of them are bad people, and they love us and their grandkids but they say things sometimes and they have no idea how hurtful they are.